Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend Stuff

My goodness, I love my set schedule people! No more rotating days for me, it seemed like my “weekend” was forever long. So I figured I would fill ya in on a few of the things we did these last few days…and can you believe I’m posting pictures too!


1st: Early Thursday morning we took Kourtanie our babysitter to bid farewell to her dad as he and the rest of the 3666 Maintenance Company set off to Iraq. I thought it would be a nice thing for the girls to see, to somewhat prepare for Brent leaving. When we arrived (early…wee heew) there were several news stations set up and waiting for the ceremony to start. I was sad to see that the parking lot was not as full as it has been other times I have made the trip to the 52nd street Armory, but I’m convinced it is because people have “forgotten” we are still at war. So, I post this picture with love, and gratitude for those serving in the military past, present and future. To remind my readers we are still at war, and to please keep this family, in your prayers. We hope that Kourtanie’s dad makes a quick and safe return, and that she and her family will be comforted during this time (the boys in this pic are Kourtanie’s brothers so include them too).



2nd We did lots of crafting this weekend at the Tubbs house! I’m so thankful for her as my friend. She just rocks! My friend Jessica was also able to come and take advantage of this time, we made bracelets, bows and headbands for little miss Kaitlyn (remember the stork story…this is her) and her big sister Marissa. I got to hold this little princess plenty while they made some stuff together. Which is really nice since Jenny & Jason have been gone on vacation, I feel like I’m getting shorted on my baby time.

3rd Friday we went back to Aubrey’s house to make some of my most favorite cookies ever (I convinced her we should do this while we were crafting the night before). I’m not sure what it is about this recipe but they are SO GOOD. She asked that each girl pick a cookie cutter (just for fun) Reilly picked a house out of our 200 count of cookie cutters; she said she wanted to make a “White house”. Well, in the end she decided to make a “Party house” and frost hers blue, while Lyndsey adopted her White house idea and used the white frosting. Finished products came out pretty good I think




4th On Saturday the girls and I got together with fellow Army wife Mindy and her three daughters. While our husbands were out at the range shooting stuff we were playing in the pool and went to lunch. It was fun; the girls were holding hands and going everywhere together in no time. One of them said “We are like Army cousins”. Reilly was happy to know that her daddy was with their daddy, so they can keep each other safe.
So in this pic from Left to Right: Lyndsey, Reilly, Natalie, Chloe & Anna

Well, my friends...that is it in a nut shell, stay tuned for more Fisk Family Fun!

No comments: