Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wings- a review by Jill


So today I finished the book Wings By Author Aprilynne Pike. I never have time to read at home, because in case you haven’t caught on, my life is totally chaotic. I do however find time to read while at work in the early morning hours between chaotic calls and other happenings.

So…if you were wondering what a person in my line of work does in the wee hours of the morning there ya go! I managed to finish this book in only two and a half shifts.

Anyway…this book is absolutely fabulous. The similarities between Wings and Twilight are many, but it does have a life of it’s own for sure. It get’s a little mythological, but stick with it. It is worth the read… I’m no fan of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings so don’t worry it isn’t that far fetched. I really like the author too, probably because she too is very similar to Stephanie Meyer. Pike is also an LDS wife and mother…so maybe I’m a little partial, but check this book out for yourself. Oh… and if for some crazy reason you don’t like it…don’t tell me about it, I really want to like you.

So, has anyone else read this book? If so I want to chat, I’m wondering if you think the same way I do about the little journey the main character is sent on.

Oh…another thing about this great read—it is a SERIES! But, Wings is the only one out right now. So I will try to patiently await the second book.
Let me know what you think about the book once you have read it.

2 comments:

Renae said...

I haven't read it, but my mom liked it. Good to know..keep letting us know of good books! I need recommendations!

*Lindsey* said...

Ok, so after you recommended this book yesterday, I was looking on perez hilton (bad habit, I know) and it said that Miley Cyrus is supposed to play the main character for Wings in the movie that is going to come out. Random right?