Wednesday, September 2, 2009

CHICKEN BREATHE

While watching George Lopez at work tonight (really it’s just for background noise)
I was reminded of a classic 911 call that someone at my work actually took, granted I wasn’t at there when it happened, but I’ve heard the story many times. Do yourself a favor, and if you need to go to the bathroom; go now! I’m not responsible for anyone that pees their pants over this story. Although I would laugh my patootie off, it’s just kind of messy, and I don’t really recommend it.

(This isn’t verbatim I’m sure, but very close nonetheless)

Operator: 911 what is your emergency?
Caller: Habla Espanol?
O: No, does anyone there speak English?
C: No.
O: Okay, do you need medical or police?
C: I dunno…chicken breathe
O: Chicken breathe?
C: Jes…chicken breathe (in a more impatient tone)
O: What does that mean sir?
C: CHEE CANNN BREATHE!!
O: Oh…sir, SHE CAN’T BREATHE?
C: JES!
O: Okay sir, let’s get the paramedics on the line with us too, hold on…

I want to let you know, that this took all of about 10 seconds, the caller received the help he needed for whoever “Chee” was, and although I don’t know the outcome, I’m sure they lived happily ever after.

1 comment:

Renae said...

I love hearing your 911 call stories! I could listen to them all day..what an interesting job!