Monday, September 14, 2009

365 days of____?

Okay, so lately I have been thinking of starting some kind of fun project in an attempt to keep my sanity while Brent is gone. We have all seen those blogs where women use a crock pot every day for 365 days, or do some other cooky deal for a whole year. Well, my bloggin' buddies, I think I'm going to jump on that wagon too! I just need some ideas, legit ideas though, ones that could be fun to blog about too (separate from this blog most likely). I know it sounds silly, but since my husband will be gone, fighting for our freedom for a year I'm starting to feel inadequate. I know, sounds like a pitty party but really...put yourself in my shoes. I would like to do something for the same amount of time that he is gone, so I can think that I too have a "project" if that makes sense.

So far, I have had two ideas that keep coming back in my mind. First, being a weight loss blog...anyone who knows me knows that this is my all time fattest so I think it would be nice to make MYSELF be the "PROJECT" and get hot for my hubby when he comes home. But, then I come back to reality, and my self loathing tendencies return and I think that is a stupid idea.

Secondly, I thought about doing simple nice tasks for complete strangers and then blogging about their reactions. I love helping other people, but then I think for a minute, and realize that I'll already be spread too thin, and that people should be helping the poor lady who's husband is off to war...RIGHT? Yet another stupid idea. :(

Okay...so this blog entry was meant to be short and sweet so I'll stop here. Please, tell me your ideas for my 365 days of _______ project.

P.S. If you wanna call me fat, and agree that I should do the weight loss one, tell me. I won't be offended, or cry (in public) ha ha.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I really actually like the nice thing idea. Maybe not always to total strangers but maybe do one thing every day for anyone. Even if it is so so simple like writing a note to one of your girls telling them how much they mean to you. You said that you are going to be spread to thin but when I am at my lowest helping other people is the best way to help me feel better and to get in the right state of mind about what is best for me to be doing in my life. I would say that one because me and my little sister would do things like that. Sorry this comment is so long ha ha just telling you what I think :) I love that idea though and like even if it is something so simple it would really help lift other peoples spirits and what is better then having someone elses day be made by something you did? I know that helps me the most but yeah anyways I'll let you know if I think of anything else ha ha

Renae said...

Remember when we did those surprise gifts for Tiffany at work? I know you can't do stuff like that...but I will always remember that and how good it made me feel!! Why can't you do a mix of projects like do a different project each day. Do something nice 3 days a week, work out 3 days a week? Not calling you fat..I wouldn't know cause I haven't seen you in forever! haha Anyway hope you get some good projects figured out.