Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm BACK!!

Oh my goodness!! I blogged two days in a row!! Well, a year apart anyway. I know I’m a horrible person for not having blogged the last year of my life, but for the most part they were things that I would like to forget anyway. With Brent being in Iraq I was constantly busy, sleep deprived, and sick. The girls managed better than I did in most areas, and I’m so very thankful for that. Brent made it home safely from Iraq, and with that our lives are on the journey back to our normal (yes “our” normal).

Our normal though, is still beyond crazy. But we do what is needed in an effort to keep the girls’ lives as smooth as possible. I still work nights Sunday-Wednesday and Brent works the normal people days and hours. We do this so that they don’t have to go to daycare or after school programs etc. With this however, Brent and I don’t see each other much. Once I leave for work on Sunday, I may see him a total of ten minutes until our standing lunch date on Thursday. We have only two Saturdays a month that neither of us have to work (that is on a good month), otherwise we are constantly like two ships passing in the night….Err, well early morning in our case. HOWEVER—There is an end in sight to our madness! I’m so happy that we have decided that I will go to a day shift in July 2011!! I know it seems like that is a long time away, but really… it is only 7 months! At which time Lyndsey will be almost 12, Reilly will almost be seven and they can stay home alone together for a couple of hours after school until I would get home. I can’t wait to be a normal person again.

Speaking of being normal, ha ha… for those of you who have been so supportive with my health issues here is a little update. After YEARS of feeling constantly ill, a nine day hospitalization in August and more painful poking and prodding than I care to admit… I decided enough was enough. I took my sister’s advice and went to a naturopathic doctor! I know some people don’t see them as “doctors” but I absolutely do. In fact…they are better than Western Medicine doctors by a FAR! With ONE (1) visit and blood test they found that I’m allergic to EVERYTHING!! Well, not exactly everything, but things that we eat every day. After years and years of being disregarded by other doctors it obviously took a MAJOR toll on my body. Not to mention vitamin levels and my thyroid (hello weight gain) were out of whack too! Granted, the other doctors also tested my thyroid but it is on the low end of normal for western medicine…but it is NOT normal for Naturopathic practices, because of higher standards. I have MAJORLY changed the way I eat (to exclude all allergens) and I’m already feeling a lot better and have lost 11 pounds in 12 days!! Wooot! I’m allergic to many things but the biggest ones are Gluten, Sugar Cane, Soy, Corn, Eggs, and Milk. If you aren’t sure what Gluten is…Google it. It is in EVERYTHING! I’m waiting on my Celiac Disease results (has to do w/ gluten allergy), and I will keep ya posted. The doctors are pretty sure that it will be positive though, as ALL of my symptoms that landed me in the hospital in August are related to long term untreated Celiac Disease. I don’t understand how the TEAMS of doctors missed it for so long. In one visit to the Naturopath, I learned more than in the years of doctor appointments with western medicine doctors.

Well, I think this is enough for now… I will really be better about blogging now. I am excited to share my fun family life and my journey to being healthy (gluten & other allergen free)…I have already experimented with baking and I have some pictures to share too.  But, that is for next time.

Much love…Jill

3 comments:

*Lindsey* said...

What Dr did you go see? I;ve been looking into a Naturopth for my husbands pain issues...The VA doesn't do anything for it and he's ready for a change.

Brea said...

I am so glad that you have found some answers! Way to go on losing 11 pounds in 12 days...what is your secret?? Love and miss you girlie!

The Fisk's said...

Thanks girls! @ Lindsey, I go to the southwest naturopatic medical center in Scottsdale and I like it a lot. It's a teaching facility so I actually saw 4 doctors at once... 4 minds are better than one!! Lol. :). @ Brea thanks for the support, just lost weight by cutting out allergens. Crazy huh!?