Monday, January 31, 2011




Better late than never right? Well, that is my blogging motto these days. I have so much to fill you in on though!! So I will add a few new posts today to try to catch up.
First, in response to my previous post I decided to go for the Celiac blood panel and that was NEGATIVE!! Super woot!! Well, you can still get false negatives, but I chose not to get the "scope" to look at my guts, because I had already been violated enough, and either way I'm severely allergic to gluten (among other things) so I have to be gluten free anyway (the only way to treat Celiac). So, I'm content with my blood results and I didn't feel the need for additional testing. Yay me! On a side note, I'm losing weight and am down 18 pounds since Thanksgiving and I feel amazing.
With that, I have also decided to share some of my new recipes. I have tried many GF,SF,vegan type recipes and they are pretty good, but I always have to add my own twist to make them "better". I have my favorite chocolate cake recipe (before GF life), so I decided I had to make it safe for me now. Let me tell you, It is freaking AMAZING! I can't believe it is GF,SF,Vegan chocolaty goodness. So I had to share, since most of my recipes come from other bloggers. Maybe someone will eventually see my great cake and make it!! :) I will have to post pictures later. You will not believe this is GF. Remember, you have to triple check ingredients on your products to ensure they are the GF,SF version.

OMG I DID IT-- Chocolate Cake

1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Quinoa Flour
1/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
2 Cups Xylitol
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa powder
1.5 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/2 Cup oil (I use canola to make it soy free)
1 tsp salt
1 Cup Almond milk
Egg replacer (equivalent to 2 eggs) ** I used Energy brand** follow directions on box
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Cup boiling water

Mix flours well with whisk to blend all together, then add remaining dry ingredients until well incorporated. *This is super important when baking gluten free*

Then mix milk,egg replacer,oil and vanilla, at this point batter will be thick. Lastly add boiling water and stir well. (I do not use electric mixer, because everyone cautions against over mixing, better to be safe than sorry)

Pour immediately into greased & floured (coconut oil & rice flour) 13x9 or two 9 inch round baking pans. Bake at 350 F degrees for 30-35 minutes.

I don't have frosting for this cake, I prefer warm chocolate cake w/ buttery spread melted on top. So Stinkin' good. You have to try it!!

No comments: