Monday, November 30, 2009

November Nonsense

Okay, where to begin…FIRST, I never intended to be the once a month type of blogger. I’m just super busy lately for obvious reasons.

Lyndsey had her TENTH birthday on Nov 5th I seriously can’t believe my little angel is ten years old. I look at her beautiful face and I wonder how I got so lucky as to have a child so beautiful, not to mention absolutely sweet and caring.

So November has been pretty eventful really, the week after Lyndsey’s Bday I went to visit Brent in NJ. We went to New York and Pennsylvania too for some touristy stuff. It is beautiful in the northeast, but I’m not a fan of that much rain or paying to drive on the highways (stupid tolls). My favorite part was Tiffany & CO and Serendipity in NYC on the same day! Jewelry and chocolate in the company of my loving husband…what more could a girl ask for?

I’m super happy to have my mom back in Arizona, with everything going on and a new “on call” schedule at work, I haven’t been able to spend as much time with her as I would have liked but it is still nice knowing she is close by.

Brent is in Kuwait now, and will be going on to “another place” within a few days. With the holidays here now, depression has officially set in for me. I cry at the drop of a hat, and I want nothing more than to have him home. The girls are really emotional too right now. It’s just sad. I literally sleep with my cell phone since I work nights and he is 10 hours a head he is usually calling when I’m a couple hours into my sleep for the day. When the girls are home and I’m sleeping I put them on “phone watch” so that we don’t miss his calls…since we never know when the next one will be.

Thanksgiving came & went….my sister Jodi came in town and it was nice to catch up with her. We did the black Friday crazy women shopping deal, and went at midnight when the malls opened. We finished up at Walmart and where headed home Friday morning by 0525. It was a long night, but we got some great deals.

I guess that is all I can think of right now…well except for Jessica our nanny is leaving us. Things just didn’t work out the way we had hoped, the girls and I will miss having her around…and wish her the best of luck.

Happy Holidays

2 comments:

kathee said...

Thank you for the blog compliment, that makes me feel good. I always wonder if people think I'm a complete freak or not. I always like your posts too - you're a straight shooter and I like that. I love it when people tell it like it is and don't try to sugar coat. I hope you have a wonderful December, despite your circumstances of your husband being away.

Renae said...

I can't believe Lyndsey is 10!! Has it really been that long since we worked at Knight? I guess so!